Birthday Promo Video

God Bless You All,

As I type this, I want to first and foremost give glory, honor, and praise to my Almighty Father God for blessing me with another year to live a blessed life. I am a living testimony to God's amazing grace and His love. I also Thank God for the various talents that He has bestowed upon me in order to be a willing vessel to draw all men unto Him that they too will know the wonderful love of God for themselves. I give God praise for the people he has placed in my life along this journey. There have been ups and there have been downs but God was there in the midst of it all. I have learned amazing lessons and used my talents to bring glory to God. So, today, I present a new promotional video. It showcases the various things I have do and continue to do. From being a published author, motivational speaker, and music artist, it is all done through God's Grace. I would like to thank the late Vernon C. Floyd, the Founder of WJMG 92.1/WORV 1580AM/WGDQ 93.1, for always standing my music and supporting my goals. I would also like to thank Mr. CJ Lee, current Owner/Operator of WJMG 92.1/WORV 1580AM/WGDQ 93.1 for continuing to push me and helping me along the way. I would like thank Trey Newsome of WJMG 92.1 for putting this wonderful video together. I also want to thank my Social Media Friends and Family for the constant support and encouragement.

Enjoy the Video and May God Bless You!



More Daily Bread.......


(The Script)
True Satisfaction
A delightful and true story of the power of God's Word comes from the streets of New York. A street-corner preacher gave an old man a small pocket New Testament. The old man was tickled to get the book. He was happy because the thin pages were just the right size for rolling his homemade cigarettes!
He smoked his way through Matthew, Mark, Luke and half of John. When he reached the tenth chapter of John he ran out of tobacco. To pass the time, he began to read. As he read about Christ, the Good Shepherd, he became filled first with shame and then gratitude. He surrendered to Christ. The old man "smoked" his way right into the Kingdom of God.
The old man's experience is familiar to many of us. We tried to drink God out of a bottle. We looked for salvation in food. We searched for meaning in obsessive relationships to persons and things. Yet sooner or later, we all had to take a look and see where our God really lives.
Deep, deep inside we finally meet the reality of our need for God and God alone. Nothing else will satisfy. No one else will heal. Each of us exerted tons of energy trying to fill our lives with everything else - but God. We now know there is no other. Only God is Savior. Only Christ is Lord.
                                                                                                       - A. Philip Parham


2/7/2016
Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.
Proverbs 21:21 NIV

1/10/2016
13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

John 4:13-14 (NIV)

"The real ornament of woman is her character, her purity."
.......Mahatma Gandhi


11/26/2015
2 Corinthians 4:15 New International Version (NIV)
All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

See More @ 

11/11/2015
7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, 
of love and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7 NIV

8/26/2015

Psalm 32:8-11 (NIV)

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
    I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
9 Do not be like the horse or the mule,
    which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
    or they will not come to you.
10 Many are the woes of the wicked,
    but the Lord’s unfailing love
    surrounds the one who trusts in him.
11 Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous;

    sing, all you who are upright in heart!
August 23, 2015

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

Psalm 94:18-19 NIV

June 29, 2015

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Philippians 4:8New International Version (NIV)

Jan 7, 2015


Psalm 142 New International Version

 (David when he was in the cave, prayer.)

1 I cry aloud to the LORD;
    I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.
2 I pour out before him my complaint;
    before him I tell my trouble.
3 When my spirit grows faint within me,
    it is you who watch over my way.
In the path where I walk
    people have hidden a snare for me.
4 Look and see, there is no one at my right hand;
    no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge;
    no one cares for my life.
5 I cry to you, LORD;
    I say, “You are my refuge,
    my portion in the land of the living.”
6 Listen to my cry,
    for I am in desperate need;
rescue me from those who pursue me,
    for they are too strong for me.
7 Set me free from my prison,
    that I may praise your name.
Then the righteous will gather about me
    because of your goodness to me.

Follow Source Link: BibleGateway

3/15/2014


Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 6:10-12
King James Version (KJV)


3/21/2014

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, And whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.



Jeremiah 17:7-8
NKJV

3/27/2014


They spread a net for my feet—
I was bowed down in distress.
They dug a pit in my path—
but they have fallen into it themselves.

Psalm 57

New International Version (NIV)


4/4/2014


In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. 


Ephesians 1:7-8 NIV


4/6/2014
Thank You Lord for these days of abundance of peace and Love!


4/25/2014


The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
for gaining wisdom and instruction;
    for understanding words of insight;
for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
    doing what is right and just and fair;
for giving prudence to those who are simple,
    knowledge and discretion to the young—
let the wise listen and add to their learning,
    and let the discerning get guidance—
for understanding proverbs and parables,
    the sayings and riddles of the wise.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
    but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 1:1-7

New International Version (NIV)


May 7, 2014

She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

Proverbs 31:20-21 (NIV)



May 24, 2014

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD I shall not want he makes me to lie down in green pasture he leads me beside the still waters he restores my soul he leads me in the path of righteousness for his name's sake yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil; for my god is with me your rod and staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the lord forever.

Psalm 23 (NKJV)



 July 3, 2014


“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”


Jeremiah 29:11 New King James Version (NKJV)




This groundbreaking play starred Sidney Poitier, Claudia McNeill, Ruby Dee and Diana Sands in the Broadway production which opened in 1959. Set on Chicago's South Side, the plot revolves around the divergent dreams and conflicts within three generations of the Younger family: son Walter Lee, his wife Ruth, his sister Beneatha, his son Travis and matriarch Lena, called Mama. When her deceased husband's insurance money comes through, Mama dreams of moving to a new home and a better neighborhood in Chicago. Walter Lee, a chauffeur, has other plans, however: buying a liquor store and being his own man. Beneatha dreams of medical school.
The tensions and prejudice they face form this seminal American drama. Sacrifice, trust and love among the Younger family and their heroic struggle to retain dignity in a harsh and changing world is a searing and timeless document of hope and inspiration. Winner of the NY Drama Critic's Award as Best Play of the Year, it has been hailed as a "pivotal play in the history of the American Black theatre." by Newsweek and "a milestone in the American Theatre." by Ebony.

"Grace not merit” is at the core of Paul’s message in Romans. How did Paul explain his position?

Paul utilized wisdom to carefully layout his message to the Romans, Philippians, and Philemon. His “greeting” is one way that he linked to the people and personalized his messages. Paul states in Romans 1:7 “To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people.” His salutation, thanksgiving, body of letter, parenesis and closing all highlight specific dosages that fit his total schema, as the chart highlights on page 103 of The Apostle Paul. This is how Paul petitioned other ways as well.  Soards noted that he was wise enough to rehearse arguments that he would petition in Jerusalem while addressing Romans. (Soards 102) Therefore, he would not offend religious sensitivities that would ultimately void his entire agenda and his position would not be heard; that’s one how.

We see Paul’s humility via his own personal suffering: “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:13) This came about when he was letting the people know of his situation, therefore his letters have different dimensions and not just preachy or one side. Then he addressed the Philippians of concerns that hindered Jesus’s message. Presentation is the key here as well.

Paul’s opening greeting found in (Philemon 1:1) “Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother, To Philemon our dear friend and fellow worker” clearly shows how he utilized wisdom by connecting himself to the problem of the population that were slaves at the time, making it Que for to bring Onesimus treatment to Philemon. Of course he petitioned that Pehilemon use the standard of love that reflects God. 

(Just mentioning the key words "prisoner and slave * Jesus" immediately pricks the conscious, adding a level of precedence and therefore wise.)

Paul's "wise" greeting style was key and humble, not only preaching on “grace not merit” but other situations as well.

Soards, Marion J. The Apostle Paul: An Introduction to his Writings and Teaching.
Other Helpful Books

 


Comments